Searching for information on the World Wide Web can be a frustrating, time-consuming experience. But by using the Google search engine as described in this book, you can quickly find exactly what you’re looking for, resulting in a pleasant and rewarding search experience. Learn Google by Michael Busby, covers a variety of search techniques that not only help the web searcher quickly and easily find relevant material but also assist the web page designer who wants to position a web page in the top 20 search results. Additionally, Learn Google details a number of Google services and tools to help you navigate the web more easily and accomplish a number of specialized search tasks. Learn how to:
- Quickly find the information you need using the Google search engine.
- Set preferences including search language and filtering levels.
- Narrow the search results with modifiers and query operators.
- Find specialized information using expert search techniques.
- Install and use the Google Toolbar to speed up and easily manage your search needs while eliminating annoying pop-up screens.
- Use specialized services including Froogle, Google Help Central, Google Labs, and PhoneBook.
- Perform image searches using basic and advanced techniques.
- Safely post and manage messages in Google Groups newsgroups.